Two weeks after the machine was burnt, on February 20th, police arrested three villagers. Saul Sorontouw, Lambertus Seibo and Kanisius Kromisian. They have been charged under article 170 of the Indonesian penal code, and are being held in Jayapura police headquarters. While in prison Saul Sorontouw has been ill with gout, which has caused swellings in his knees. On February 28th police demanded statements from another six villagers, but they were allowed to go home that evening.
The following statement was released by villagers of Tablasupa the day before the action:
Statement of opinion.
Sorontou-Okoseray-Kiswaitou Ethnic GroupAs holders of rights to customary lands on the area covered by PT Tablasupa Nickel Mining's Mine Enterprise Permit (IUP), Mining Rights (KP) and the Bupati's recommendation that allows exploration in Kampung Tablasupa, Jayapura Regency
Regarding the as yet unresolved problems around PT Tablasupa Nickel Mining commencing exploration activites on customary land belonging to the people of kampung Tablasupa, the Sorontou- Okoseray- Kiswaitou ethnic group wishes to make the following declaration:
“Reject PT Tablasupa Nickel Mining”conducting exploration and mineral exploitation activities within the customary boundaries of the Sorontou- Okoseray- Kiswaitou ethnic group.
The reasons for our rejection of mining activities are as follows:
1. The whole territory of kampung Tablasupa is unsuitable for mining activities.
2. The impact of mining activities would also damage the environment of areas that fall within the territory of neighbouring villages.
3 To avoid mining activities causing conflict with the people and nearby villages.
4. The effect of mining activities will damage and desecrate the environment, and industrial pollution from the mine will contribute to global warming and affect the sources of clean water from the Cyclop mountains.
5. No consensus has been reached through a musyawarah system that would represent an agreement between the people of Tablasupa and neighbouring villages.
6. The holders of customary rights to the land have not given their approval (under the Law on Mineral and Coal Mining 4/2009 article 135, companies holing a Mine Enterprise Permit can only commence activities if they have obtained agreement from the holders of customary rights on that land).
7. The customary and human rights of the Sorontou- Okoseray- Kiswaitou ethnic group must be respected and valued by all.
A solution to the development of kampung Tablasupa which supports the social economy and also contributes to local business could include:
-building beach tourism and hotels
-selling fresh water.
Such development would involve all the people of Tablsupa either as workers or taking roles in a management structure and could take the form of an enterprise or foundation that was formed by the people of kampung Tablasupa.
This is the message that the Sorontou- Okoseray- Kiswaitou ethnic group wishes to be known by the general public.
Tablasupa, 07 February 2012 .
and other articles on www.aldepe.com
I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post. Thanks for sharing the post. MCX guider is a stock advisory firm which provides tips for equity intraday, future intraday nifty intraday & option Intraday. Stock market is a place where many new stock market traders join the share trading league daily and trade daily in stock market tips. Intraday traders, stock market investors and market beginners should understand the meaning of the stock market for beginners cutting the learning curveReplyDelete
Nickel Tips Trading